Tesla Model 3 support

Your personal automotive assistant.

This is the support forum for the Sidecar app by Clutch Engineering.

Learn more about the app at http://sidecar.clutch.engineering
leoprose
Beta tester
Beta tester
Vehicles: Tesla Model 3

Beta tester

My garage

Re: Tesla Model 3 RWD support

Post by leoprose »

Also available to help with italian tranlsation if needed

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Post by jeff »

Sidecar v1.16.1 in review at the App Store now with various fixes to Tesla API decoding. Hopefully will go live today if approved.

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Re: Tesla Model 3 support

Post by jeff »

I'm cutting a TestFlight build right now to look into fixing the "Failed to extract authentication token" error some have been running into when attempting to log in. Folding in one conversation from https://github.com/ElectricSidecar/Elec ... /issues/23 here.

jasontwright
Beta tester
Beta tester
Vehicles: Tesla Model 3 Performance

Beta tester

My garage

Post by jasontwright »

I’m not able to synchronize my account to my Apple Watch for some reason. The option to do so is available on the app and it appears as though the watch is registering something when I attempt to sync but nothing happens.

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Post by jeff »

jasontwright wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:52 am

I’m not able to synchronize my account to my Apple Watch for some reason. The option to do so is available on the app and it appears as though the watch is registering something when I attempt to sync but nothing happens.

To confirm: is your Apple Watch running Sidecar v1.16.1? You can check by tapping the settings gear in the app, scrolling down to About, and looking a the Version field.

jasontwright
Beta tester
Beta tester

Beta tester

My garage

Post by jasontwright »

jeff wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:53 am
jasontwright wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:52 am

To confirm: is your Apple Watch running Sidecar v1.16.1? You can check by tapping the settings gear in the app, scrolling down to About, and looking a the Version field.

Yes, Apple Watch is running Sidecar v1.16.1. And I’m also stuck in the Model 3 demo/simulated vehicle now :?

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Post by jeff »

The flow for syncing account tokens to the watch is a bit clunky due to a bug in Tesla's auth implementation on the watch (I'm in contact with them about this but it hasn't been resolved yet).

I'm writing up a post on the flow right now, but a quick summary:

1. Add your Tesla account in Sidecar on your iPhone via Settings > Vehicles & accounts > Tesla.
  2. Once authenticated (and confirmed that you're pulling data as expected), go to Settings > Vehicle & accounts and tap your tesla account.
  3. On this page you need to tap the "Create a companion token" button. You will need to log in again in order to generate a new token that will be used by your watch.
  4. Once you've successfully logged in, your account page should show "Companion token is ready to transfer".
  5. Go back to the Settings > Vehicle & accounts page on your iPhone; leave this page open.
  6. On your watch, open Sidecar.
  7. Tap the settings gear > Vehicles & accounts
  8. Back on your iPhone, you should see the "Synchronize accounts to your watch" button activate. Tap it.
  9. Your Tesla token should transfer to your Apple watch after 10-15 seconds.
jasontwright
Beta tester
Beta tester

Beta tester

My garage

Post by jasontwright »

That did it. The token step was definitely the clunky part but it’s working great now.

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Post by jeff »

leoprose wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:06 am

I’ve two Teslas in my account, one is one of my friend Tesla Model Y. Can we add a feature to remove unwanted veichles in the app??

Tracking this as a feature request — thank you for the suggestion :)

jeff
Site Admin

My garage

Post by jeff »

@Model 3 owners @Model S owners @Model Y owners if you were getting a "Failed to extract authentication token" error, please respond here and I will add you to the TestFlight build which includes some improved error handling so that we can try to identify the root cause of this.